Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advise
(07-11-2023, 11:56 PM)mikeosborne6446@gmail.com Wrote: Hi Dave

I see you finally got approved for the forum.
Mike

Yes, but of course as soon as I posted the message the clock stopped! However, with a little be more tweaking it seems to be going ok. I noted that the drop weight is slow to return to its up position when the ball at the bottom is effectively being forced out of the drive wheel. This accounts for only two or three cycles of the drop weight. I removed the small additional weight and my own made roller, which has metal bearings fitted, from the drop weight. The effect was that the clock only ran for a few minutes, so on my version the additional weight added to the drop weight was needed. 

I noticed that the drop weight was still occasionally doing a double drop, even using slow motion video it was very difficult to see what was happening. In the end I tightened up drop weight damper that I had added and hopefully that seems to have helped.  It's still running a bit fast, 5 to 10 mins a day. I have had to move the pendulum up 20mm or so to achieve this; a few more mm is no doubt required. Anyway it's now in its final position on the piano, which in the past has always been the kiss of death as it has always stopped. This time hopefully not.

Dave

Messages In This Thread
Advise - by mikeosborne6446@gmail.com - 07-09-2023, 05:28 PM
RE: Advise - by DaveY - 07-11-2023, 11:18 PM
RE: Advise - by mikeosborne6446@gmail.com - 07-11-2023, 11:56 PM
RE: Advise - by DaveY - 29-11-2023, 10:56 AM
RE: Advise - by mikeosborne6446@gmail.com - 28-12-2023, 09:25 PM